Care for the environment
One of Slovenia’s most distinctive characteristics is its preserved nature and it is our responsibility to make sure our actions help protect it. This shows respect for the values embodied in our natural heritage, from forests, rivers, lakes, streams, the coastline and waterfalls, to underground caves.
In Slovenia, 449 kg of waste per capita is produced every year (source: Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment). Most of this waste ends up at tips. By separating waste, we can process used material into new raw materials with a new life cycle. With a little effort, we can help reduce the use of natural resources and energy and preserve nature and the environment for future generations.
If everyone on the planet used as much raw material as consumed in the West, we would need another four Earths to survive. Since there is only one Earth, which makes it all the more valuable, Mlekarna Celeia actively contributes to its preservation.
- We strive for the prudent and economic use of natural resources.
- Our production relies on environmentally-friendly technologies and we aim to minimise our environmental impact by reducing our output of waste and decreasing our water and energy consumption.
- Our respect for the environment is also reflected in the international ISO 14001 environment management certificate held by Mlekarna Celeia.
- The adopted environmental policy applies to all employees. It sets out the basic principles of our environmental awareness. Through proactive internal and external communications, awareness raising and training we develop environmental awareness in everyone involved in the business process.
- Caring for the environment means caring for the future. This knowledge that our actions can help protect the environment has lead Mlekarna Celeia to use environmentally friendly packaging. The aim of redesigning the Zelene Doline brand was to highlight our responsibility towards nature and all things natural. It is left to the consumers of Zelene Doline yogurts in pots with cardboard wrapping to separate the waste materials and show a responsible attitude to environmental protection.
Pots with cardboard wrapping are more environmentally sound because:
- they weigh less than conventional pots, which means 50% less plastic is used to make them;
- less plastic used means a smaller environmental impact;
- the cardboard label wrapping the pot and constituting 50% of the pot’s bearing capacity is made from approximately 90% recycled paper;
- waste paper is less of an environmental burden than waste plastic; and
- the cardboard wrapping is glued to the pot in just one place, which makes the separation of waste easier.
- Separate the cardboard label and put it in with paper waste, which is more degradable than other types of packaging material.
- Wash and flatten the pot and put it with your plastic waste.
- With the consistent and responsible separation of waste you can help protect nature.
Environmentally friendly packaging of our yogurt
Help us preserve nature!
Separate the cardboard label and recycle it with paper, which is more easily decomposed than other packaging materials. Wash and flatten the pot and then recycle it with plastic. Help protect nature by consistently and responsibly separating different types of waste.
Today, many products on the market have environmentally-friendly packaging. This includes Zelene Doline dairy products. The following green labels explain how to handle waste packaging:
This label warns that the packaging must be disposed of in a suitable place. If a system of waste packaging management is in place, then a suitable place is a designated container or collection site.
The triangle is an international symbol indicating that a product is recyclable. As a rule, there is a number in the middle of the triangle and an acronym denoting the type of material.
Let us pool our knowledge and awareness of the importance of environmental protection!
Nature will be gratefull!